When in Rome

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do!"

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Photography Project

So, I am by no means a photographer.  I decided that taking a digital photography class here would not only help me learn how to use my new camera but it would allow me to be able to capture the essence of Rome through photos.

My first assignment, that I am still in the process of completing, was to take a series of photos of one object at many different angles.  I decided that I wanted my subject to be one of the bridges along the Tiber River, specifically one of the bridges that has a lot of graffiti on it.  My professor seemed to like first attempt at capturing my subject.

More than half of the students in my class have digital SLR cameras (a camera that has interchangeable lenses).  Mine is the high powered point and shoot camera with a large lens and is the step below an SLR.  I do wish I had gotten for Christmas a SLR camera, like the one Hannah had gotten, because I can't manually change the aperture or shutter speed on my camera.  However, it is taking some nice photos thus far.  The following photos are a few I took this past weekend for my project.  I will be going back out to take more shots before I decide what six I want to submit for my project.






2 comments:

  1. Sarah, your blog is fabulous! It takes me back to my college days and first trip to Italy. Jim and I are following each step of the way, and we can just taste that Carbonara - one of our favorites! We got quite a kick out of your description of the visit to the Van Gogh exhibit. Isn't the world fascinated by Van Gogh? The story about the earphones was very funny. I use them all the time so I guess that says something about my age! Hugs,and safe travels, Jama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Especially the gargoyles. Keep posting your class assignments - it's great to see such unique perspectives of the city - not typical tourist photos if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete