When in Rome

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do!"

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Packing!

I have been busy packing for the last few days, sorting through clothes and necessities.  I leave this Thursday, January 6 and am both excited and nervous!  I am really stuck on how much I should bring with me to Italy though.  I can bring two 50lb bags with me but I am nervous to overpack.  I have never before packed for four months.  I just don't know what I am going to want to need once I am there.

I have tried to do some research to figure out what I need and should bring with me to Italy.  The weather is a little more mild in Rome than it is New England and should be about 40 degrees Fahrenheit when I arrive.  By the time I leave in April, I think the temperature should be around 60 degrees.  So, I have decided not to bring a lot of "floral" spring clothes and have instead decided to pack more winter items.

I have also heard from many different people that I need to be prepared to wear a lot of black!  So what have I packed a lot of...you guessed it! BLACK.  I realized that my wardrobe is pretty "blah" when it comes to color; I am bringing with me a lot of black, blue, and gray.

Supposedly it doesn't matter what I dress like because no matter what I will "look like an American."  Hopefully I will be able to pick up on Italian mannerism and immerse my self in the Italian lifestyle.

I've got to go finish packing and hopefully my bags will be under 50lbs each!

1 comment: